Wednesday, April 8, 2009

77.8 POUNDS!!

I made it past the 75 pound mark!!! So I thought a few "before" pictures might be in order. Here is from last May at Sundee's wedding (obviously...).
This is me with Brighton on August 25, about two months after beginning Weight Watchers on July 1st. I think I had lost about 20 pounds at this point.
This was a trip with my friends to celebrate us (Me and Myra, second from right) having lost 50 pounds!!
Jodee and me on New Year's Eve. I had lost about 62 by Christmas and my wonderful children and husband gave me tons of new clothes and this darling coat! Thanks, Jodee!
This was at Christmas time, too - but I just wanted to show you our 4 generation picture!
Now for the current picture. Whoo hoo!! Taken just a few days ago, having lost 77.8. My goal is to lose about 10 more and then start the maintaining process!

Taken this morning!!

I just want to put a HUGH plug in for Weight Watchers. I think it has made all the difference. Yes, it costs money, but I figure I'll re-coop it in medical costs that I will NOT have. I go to the meetings every week, I follow the "core" program, but I think that "points" works well too - just depends on you! I've learned to listen to my stomach and stop when I'm full (not stuffed). I've learned to substitute healthier things for junk food. I've learned to have the junk if I really want it and then just move on. If I blow it for a day, then I blew it. But more often now, I blow it for just one meal or one snack and then I get right back on track. I do exercise and that has really helped. I swim, I ride my stationary bike (thanks, kids!), I walk, I do weights. Anyway, Weight Watchers keeps me focused, encouraged and enthusiastic. We have a great teacher and a fun class. If you live in a big city, go to several meetings till you find the one that is fun!
AND a REALLY BIG THANK YOU to my family and friends and even people I don't know who have been so encouraging and telling me that I look good. It feels great!! Hopefully, in a month or two, I'll make my another post when I make my goal!! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

You look absolutely amazing Mom! I am so proud of you, and am so glad you have had such a great support system and friends to do it with. Keep on going, and get Dad on your band wagon :) Love you!!!!! <3

The Peterson's said...

I completely agree with Jodee! You look AMAZING Jolene!!! Way to go!

Ash and Christian said...

Jodee's friend Ashley here. I hear about your weight loss success all the time. Thank you for the before and after pictures. You look wonderful!!

Kelli said...

You are my hero! I wish I had your motivation and will power! You look beautiful, happy, and proud =)
Love ya!
Kelli

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! You look amazing! You are awesome...it must feel so good! Congrats!!

Mike and Sundee Davis said...

Oh my gosh...those pictures are awesome. I don't know, something about the last 15 pounds or so has just put you over the edge of crazy-hot!! Thanks for finally posting pictures of yourself.

Traci Barnes said...

Jolene,
WOW!!! You are good inspiration!!

Traci (Wood) Barnes

Jami West said...

You are SOOOOOOOOOO ridiculously HOT!!!! Seriously... you look AMAZING!!! So Gorgeous!! Great job!!!